Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) has published the official notification of the Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online from 22nd May 2023 to 12th June 2023 through this page.
Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) is basically an entrance exam, each year conducted by the Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) for admission to 3rd semester of the B.Tech program for that specific academic session. So, JLEE is the gateway for admission to the 4 years B.Tech. courses under Engineering Colleges in Assam for diploma holders through lateral entry scheme.
Table of Content
ASTU JLEE 2023 Details
Name of exam: Joint Lateral Entry Examination (JLEE) 2023
Name of course: 3rd semester of B.Tech courses
Exam conducting university: Assam Science And Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati
Level of exam: State-level
Mode of exam: Offline (pen and paper-based)
Exam date: July 2nd, 2023 (Sunday)
Exam duration: 3 Hours
Mode of application: Online
Eligibility Criteria of JLEE Examination
Resident-ship: Candidate must be a Permanent resident of Assam.
Character: The Candidate must possess a good moral character.
Physical Fitness: The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
# Recognized Diploma of Minimum 3 years duration from any Polytechnic Institution of Assam under State Council of Technical Education (SCTE) .
# A minimum of Overall 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) must be scored in the Polytechnic Course.
Final Year Students’: Candidates appearing in their final examination may also apply but they must have to produce their Original Mark sheet along with Pass Certificate of the Final Diploma on the day of Admission.
Application Fee of Assam JLEE Exam 2023
- An Application Fee of Rs. 1500/- (Fifteen Hundred only) is to be paid online using “HDFC Collect Now” which facilitates payment through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- Examination fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- Candidates must make successful online fee payment within the last date of submission of online applications. Otherwise his/her candidature will not be considered for examination.
- No communication regarding failure of payment, received after the last date of submission of online applications, will be entertained.
How to Apply for Assam JLEE Exam 2023?
As per the official advertisement details, Interested candidates should have to apply online through the official JLEE Application Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for this admission process.
- Scroll down to the Important Links section.
- Click on the “Online Application Link” and complete the registration process by clicking “New Registration”.
- In the next stage, click on the “Online Application Link” Link and Login.
- Fill out your all personal and educational details and upload the necessary documents.
- Make a payment of the application fee as per your category and submit the form.
- At the end, take a printout of the application form.
Important Dates of Assam JLEE Exam 2023
- Starting date of submission of online applications: 22nd May 2023
- Last Date for submission of online applications: 12th June 2023
- Issue of online admit cards: From 19th June 2023 to 28th June 2023
- Date and timing of examination: 2nd July 2023, 11:00 a.m.-02:00 p.m.
- Declaration of results: Within 10 days of conduct of examination
Important Links of JLEE Examination
|Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
About JLEE Exam
Name of exam: Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2023
Date of exam: 2nd July 2023 (Sunday)
Time of Exam: 11:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m.
Total marks: 400
Type of exam: Offline (pen and paper-based)
Duration of exam: 3 hours
Type of question: MCQ type
Total no of questions: 100
Medium of question paper: English
Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
Centres of exam: Guwahati and Jorhat
Syllabus of JLEE Exam
The examination will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Type and comprise of a Single Paper of 3(three) hour duration with following distribution of subjects.
|B||Basic Computer||10 Questions|
|D||Branch of Engineering||50 Questions|