Assam University Recruitment 2020 for the post of Guest Faculty 2 posts (1-UR, 1-ST), on a purely temporary basis in the Department of Mathematics of this University. Candidates may appear a walk-in-interview at the Office of the Head, Department of Mathematics for the following job vacancies at Assam University.
Last Date: 28/01/2020
Assam University Recruitment 2020 Details:
Name of the Post: Guest Faculty
Number of Post: 02 [UR-1, ST-1]
Salary: Rs. 1500/- per lecture with a ceiling of Rs. 50, 000/- per month.
Eligibility: Essential (A or B):
1) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
i) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR. or a similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./ Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. program prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then-existing Ordinances/ Bye-laws/ Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode.
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners.
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted.
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal.
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/ funded/ supported by the UGC/ICSSR CSIR or any similar agency. The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC. like SLET/SET.
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/ institution with a ranking among the top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by anyone of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (OS)
- TheTimes Higher Education (THE) or
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shangha)
Selection Process: Walk-in-Interview. The selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
Get daily job alerts:
How to apply for Assam University Job:
Interested candidates have to attend on walk-in-interview with duly filled n prescribed application form and self-attested copies of all the supporting documents 0n the following date, time & venue:
Walk-in-interview Date, Time and Venue:
Date: 28-01-2020 (Tuesday)
Time: at 1:30 PM
Venue: at the Office of the Head, Department of Mathematics, Assam University, Silchar.