The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), formally known as the Ministry of Education launched a special scholarship scheme named Ishaan Uday in 2014 under the University Grants Commission (UGC). Under this scheme, the Government of India invites applications from meritorious students of the North Eastern Region through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Every year, the application is invited by the government and many students submit applications for this great scheme.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Details
Name of Scheme: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, 2022
Academic Session: 2022-23
Scholarship Authority: Government of India
No of Beneficiaries: 10,000 students per year.
Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura.
Helplines for ISHAN UDAY Scholarship
Students who are facing any issues while submitting their online applications for the ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme, can use the following communication methods to get support from the concerned authority.
Phone Number: 0120-6619540
Email Address: [email protected]
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Objectives
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Fellowship
An amount of Rs.5,400/- per month for General Degree courses and Rs.7,800/- per month for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Eligibility Criteria of Ishan Uday Scholarship
Type of Educational Institutes: Students with domicile of NER, who have passed Class XII or equivalent examination from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions recognized as under-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside.
Course Semester/Class: Only students are eligible who are studying in 1st year of their course or 1st semester.
Course: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
Family Income: Only those students are eligible whose parents income in annual is not more than Rs.4.5 lakhs.
Reservation: Students with Transgender category are also eligible for this scheme and reservation will be as per government rules.
Exclusions of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
|1||Students pursuing courses/ programs through Open Universities.|
|2||Students are already availing scholarships for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any other scheme(s).|
|3||Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.|
|4||Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, do not lead to the award of a Degree.|
|5||Students whose parent’s income is more than Rs.4.5 lakhs per annum.|
Selection Process of Ishan Uday Scholarship
The selection and merit list for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme will be prepared on the basis of the following listed criteria.
Total Slots: 10,000 slots are available under this scheme and 10,000 students will be awarded.
Distribution: The distribution of slots among the states of NER will be done on the basis of the Population Census (Last).
In Case of Vacant Slot: If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the vacancies will be distributed equally among other states.
Reservation: Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) will be done as per the norms of the Government of India.
How to Apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship?
Students eligible for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme must submit their online applications at the official website of the National Scholarship Portal. For the ease of our users, we have compiled a list of steps to be followed to complete the application process for this scholarship. Students can have a look at the following steps before proceeding with the application process.
- Scroll down to the Important Link section.
- Click on the Online Application Link.
- Now, an official web portal will load in the new tab of your browser.
- In that portal, you will get the option to register yourself.
- Note that you do not need to register again if you are renewing your scholarship.
- After registration, you have to provide all your asked details.
- After that a page containing your Student Application ID will be displayed, please note down that ID for future use and click on the Continue button.
- Now, a login form will load. In that form, enter your User ID, and Password (which was sent to your registered mobile number), verify the Captcha, and click on the orange-colored Login button.
- After successful login, you will get a form where you need to fill in your Registration Details, Academic Details, and Basic Details.
- After filling in those details, click on Save and Continue button.
- Now, you will have to fill in Contact Details, Scheme Details, and Upload Documents.
- After that, click on the green-colored Final Submit button.
- Now, a page with all your filled details will appear. Click on the Print button to take a copy of the submitted application.
- After that, go to your institute or college and submit that printed application acknowledgment copy along with all the relevant documents demanded by your institute or college.
That is just the complete process of the Ishan Uday Scholarship application.
Required Documents to Apply Online
Before proceeding for the application process of ISHAN UDAY scholarship, students need to prepare the following documents. The following documents are mandatory to complete the application process so all students should ensure it’s availability.
|Sl||Name of Document|
|4||Aadhaar Card/ Bonafide Certificate|
|5||Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)|
|6||Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)|
|7||Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.|
|8||Quarterly Continuation Certificate (Annexure-III)|
|9||Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/ First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))|
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Application Start Date||26th July 2022|
|Application Last Date||31st October 2022|
|Defective Verification||15th November 2022|
|Institute Verification||15th November 2022|
Important Links of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Online Application Link||Register | Login|
|Scholarship Renewal Link||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|