National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the official notification of NTA UGC NET May Notification 2021 for ‘Assistant Professor’ and for ‘Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor’. Interested and eligible candidates may apply here.
Table of Content
NTA UGC NET 2021 Details
Name of exam: NTA UGC NET May Notification 2021
Exam conducting body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
Date of exam: May 2 to 7 and May 10 to 12, May 14 and 17, 2021
Eligibility Criteria of NTA UGC NET May 2021
JRF: Not more than 31 years as on 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01.03.2021 (This age limit is applicable for the current examination only). A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD/Third gender categories and to women applicants.
Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
* General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: www.ugc.ac.in in Humanities and Social Science (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
* Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL / SC / ST / PwD / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Application Fee of NTA UGC NET 2021
* General/ Unreserved: Rs. 1000/-
* Other Backward Classes (OBC) – (NCL)/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS): Rs. 500/-
* SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender: Rs. 250/-
* Payment Mode: Through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ E-Challan (SBI/ HDFC/ Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway)
Important Dates of NTA UGC NET 2021
* Starting Date for Apply Online: 02-02-2021
* Last Date to Apply Online: 02-03-2021
* Last date of payment of fee through Credit/ Debit /Net Banking upto 11:50 pm (through e-challan upto bank hours): 03-03- 2021 (till 11:50 pm)
* Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only: 05 to 09-03-2021
* Date for Examination: 2 to 7, 10 to 12, 14 & 17-05-2021
Important web links:
Online Application: Click Here.
Official Notification: Click Here.