Govt. of Assam has released the official notification for Assam OBC Scholarship Scheme. Basically, these scholarships are Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships for the students of Assam belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC / MOBC) for the year 2020-21. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for OBC Scholarship Assam 2020 through National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at www.scholarships.gov.in.
Table of Content
- OBC Scholarship Assam 2020 Details
- Eligibility Criteria of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students:
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students:
- Value of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
- Steps to Apply for OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
- Important Date of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
- Important Web Links of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
OBC Scholarship Assam 2020 Details
Name of scholarship scheme: Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
Scholarship authority: Government of India
Pre-matric: Class I to X
Post-matric: Post-matriculation level courses
Official website: https://scholarships.gov.in
Application status: Available
Eligibility Criteria of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
These scholarships shall be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled. Individual eligibility criteria for each scholarship are as given below
Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students:
– Scholarship award will be sanctioned in the case of students whose parents/ guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
– The scholarships may be given to the students enrolled in class I or any subsequent class of pre-matric stage in the case of day scholars, and class III or any subsequent class of pre-matric stage in the case of hostlers. The scholarship will terminate at the end of class X. The duration of scholarship in an academic year will be 10 months.
– The scholarship will be tenable only in such institutions and for such pre-matriculation courses, which have been duly recognized by the concerned State Government and Union Territory Administrations.
– The students may not be allowed to take up employment or render help to parents in their work during the course of studies.
– The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure annual promotion except in case of unavoidable reasons to be certified by the competent authority of the scheme.
– Migration of students from one institution to another would not normally be allowed during the course of academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of student’s academic career.
– The scholar obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other pre-matric scholarship scheme.
– Regular attendance record not less than 60% in the previous year should be pre-requisite for availing scholarship.
– At least 5% students with disabilities should be covered for grant of the scholarships.
– To avoid any duplication, bank accounts of the target beneficiaries should be Aadhar seeded.
– 30% of the beneficiaries should be reserved for girl students.
Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students:
i. The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the Central Govt./State Govt./ UT Admn.;
ii. These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
“Scholarships shall not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Course and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training-Ship Dufferin (Now Rejendra); Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre-examination Training Centres of All India and State levels.”
iii. Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State/UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
iv. Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
v. Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
vi. Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
vii. Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
viii. Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
ix. Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible towards reimbursement of non-refundable fee. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of non-refundable fee, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs. 900/- for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
x. Only two boys of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of same parents/guardian will not adversely affect admissibility of availing scholarship upto two boys of same parents/guardian.
xi. A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the students can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/she accepts any other scholarships/stipend. The student can however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this Scheme.
xii. Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
xiii. Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
xiv. In case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled for the scholarship under the Scheme.
Value of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
The value of scholarship is ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 500/ month depending up on the classes they study.
The value of scholarship will include Maintenance Allowance, Reader Charges for blind students, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, Study Tour Charges/thesis typing/printing charges and book allowance for students pursuing correspondence course, for complete duration of the course.
OBC Scholarship Assam Application Form
OBC Scholarship Assam application form is available in online format only. The same can be accessed through national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in .
Steps to Apply for OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
Candidates need to visit official national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of online application this scholarship. One needs to follow below mentioned steps –
Step 1: Scroll down, Go to Important Web Links section.
Step 2: Click on Online Application
Step 3: A new page will be opened.
Step 4: Click on “New Registration”
Step 5: Enter your details; and register yourself.
Step 6: After registration, enter all credentials and upload your documents as required in the portal.
Step 7: Finally click on “Submit” and take print out of your submitted application.
Important Date of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
Starting date of online application: 20th October 2020
Last date of online application: 30th November 2020
Last date of Defective Verification: 28th December 2020
Last date of Institute Level Verification: 31st December 2020
Important Web Links of OBC Scholarship Assam 2020
Online Application: Click Here. [New]
Online Application: Click Here. [Renewal]
Official Notification: Click Here.
OBC Pre Matric Scholarship: Click Here
OBC Post Matric Scholarship: Click Here.