ONGC offers 1000 Scholarship for the year 2019-2020 worth Rs 48,000/- per annum to meritorious SC/ST students for pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical Stream, 2 year Masters Degree in Business Administration, Geology and Geophysics.
Table of Content
ONGC Scholarship 2019-20 details:
Name of scholarship: ONGC Scholarship 2019-20
Number of scholarship: 1000
Number of scholarship for Zone-3 (North East): 200
A. The scholarships are open for studies in India and for Indian nationals only.
B. Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full time regular courses by AICTE/ MCI/UGC/Association of Indian Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
C. Students pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses/Two years Masters course in Business Administration &Two years Masters Degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible.
D. Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly 60% marks are necessary in graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.
E. The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.
F. Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs 37,500/- per month).
G. The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st October, 2019 of the Academic Session of the year of advertisement.
H. The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of student getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarship.
I. The final list of the scholarship beneficiaries shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the 10.12.2019
J. The continuation of scholarship once awarded shall be subject to satisfactory performance in each year’s annual examination and conduct of the candidate. Scholarship shall not be paid for the year where the student fails to maintain the scale of 5 grade points out of 10 grade points scale or secure less than 50% in the examination, as the case may be.
K. THE AWARD OF THE SCHOLARSHIP SHALL NOT CONFER ANY RIGHT OF EMPLOYMENT WITH ONGC GROUP OF COMPANIES OR ITS JOINT VENTURES.
How to apply ONGC Scholarship 2019-20:
1. The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may submit their application in the prescribed ‘Application format’ which can be downloaded from ONGC’s website www.ongcindia.com
2. Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University, should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application Format.
Application form send to Address:
Application be sent to following address for the North East zone : Chief Manager (HR), ONGC , Assam Asset, P.O. Nazira-785685.
• Last date for submission of duly completed application form is 15.10.2019.
• The final list of the scholarship beneficiaries is likely to be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the 10.12.2019.
Important web links:
• Download official notification / application form – click here.
• Visit official website – https://www.ongcindia.com