Application is invited from the Staff Section Commission (SSC) Recruitment for the post of 25271 vacancies as Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Secretariat Security Force (SSF) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles (AR). Interested and eligible candidates may apply online through the Staff Section Commission (SSC) website. The last date of online application submission is 31st August 2021.
Last Date: 31/08/2021.
SSC Constable Recruitment 2021
Name of post: Constable (General Duty)
No of posts: 25,271 posts
- Male: 22,424 posts
- Female: 2,847 posts
Pay scale: Pay Level-3 (Rs 21700- 69100)
Eligibility Criteria of SSC Constable GD Recruitment
Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India. Vacancies are state/ UT wise hence a candidate must submit domicile/ PRC against his state/ UT.
Age Limit: 18-23 years as on 01.08.2021. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1998 and later than 01.08.2003.
Age Relaxation: Permissible relaxations in upper age limit for different categories are as under:
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC 3: years
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
Candidates have to pay a certain amount as an application fee depending up on their category. The details are as given below:
- SC/ ST/ ESM/ Women: NIL
- Others: Rs 100/-
Payment Mode: BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Centers of Examination (NER): Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Guwahati (Dispur) (5105), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Churachandpur (5502), Imphal (5501), Ukhrul (5503), Shillong (5401), Aizwal (5701), Dimapur (5301), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601).
Selection Process of SSC Constable GD Vacancy
The selection process of SSC Constable GD will consist of the following stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Medical Examination (DME/ RME) and
- Document Verification
Get daily job news:
|Join WhatsApp group||Click here|
|Join Telegram Group||Click here|
How to Apply SSC Constable Recruitment?
Interested and eligible candidates have to apply online through the Staff Section Commission (SSC) website “https://ssc.nic.in/”. Submit online before 31st August 2021.
# Starting date to apply online: 17/07/2021
# Last date to apply online: 31/08/2021, 23:30 p.m.
# Last date for making online fee payment: 02.09.2021 (23:30)
# Last date for generation of offline Challan: 04.09.2021 (23:30)
# Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 07.09.2021
Important web links:
|Download Advertisement||Click here|
|Online apply link||Click here|
|Visit official website||Click here|
Syllabus of Computer Based Test (CBT):
Candidates who will submit their applications for SSC GD Constable Recruitment will have to appear in Computer Based Test (CBT). The Computer Based Examination will consist of an objective type paper consisting of 100 questions of 100 marks with the following composition-
No of Questions: 100 MCQs
Total Marks: 100 Marks
Duration: 90 Minutes
Exam Type: Online (CBT)
Negative Marks: 0.25 Marks
Language: Hindi & English
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
- All questions will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The computer-based examination will be conducted in English and Hindi only.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking of the scores. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examination will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No: 1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019 and such normalized scores along with the bonus marks for NCC Certificate holders will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- The questions in the Computer Based Examination will be of Matriculation level.
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculators and other electronic gadgets. They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall/ Lab.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates have to clear the race within the following time limits-
|Other Region||5 KMs in 24 Minutes||1.6 KMs in 8 ½ Minutes|
|Ladakh Region||1.6 KMs in 6 ½ Minutes||800 Mitres in 4 Minutes|